What you need to know about phase 1 at DMA
We are excited to finally be back on the mats!! While we are all eager to get back to our training, there are a few protocols we need to have in place.
The video above takes you through the process of signing in for class all the way through exiting class and a couple notes for parents and/or guardians.
Along with the video, we have a few other procedures for this first phase that we need your help in following:
1) Students should line up outside 5 - 10 minutes before class start time. Parents will need wait in line with kids in order to answer COVID-19 screening questions, but no spectators will be allowed inside the dojo unless there is a student with special needs. In the case of a student with special needs, only 1 parent/guardian (no other children not attending class) may enter the facility with them, and it needs to be pre-approved with the instructor.
2) Students need to arrive already in uniform and wearing flip flops or other slip on/off type footwear. Restrooms are for emergency use only and not to be used as changing rooms.
3) Parents may spectate from outside the windows or from their vehicle:
Classes will be live streamed through Facebook live in the parents & families group.
Spectators who view from outside will need their own chair and it is recommended they maintain 6 feet from other parents/spectators.
Please, no smoking or vaping in the viewing area as a courtesy to all parents watching.
4) Students MUST be picked up promptly when class ends so the dojo can be cleaned before the next class.
5) As space is limited, students may attend only 1 (one) class per day.
6) Masks are required for students 5 and older when at the dojo.
7) Only 1 restroom will be operational during phase 1 and should be used only if absolutely necessary.
8) Students may bring their own pre-filled water bottles and keep them with their belongings. Refilling water bottles
in the restroom sink is prohibited.
9) There will be no front desk operations during phase 1. If there is any assistance needed with purchasing or account management, we can be contacted through the DMA phone (503-967-5425) or via email (email@example.com) or Facebook messenger.
>>ATTENTION>> Failure to follow the guidelines and/or protocols outlined by our state government and DMA will result in the student not being admitted into the dojo. If a student/parent/guardian answered yes to any of the screening questions, entry into the dojo will be denied for the health and safety of everyone and it will be recommended that the student return home and wait to return to the facility until all symptoms, including fever have been resolved for at least 72 hours without medication, or at least 14 days after contact with a person with a cough, fever, or diagnosed with COVID-19.